Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Brown Rice Penne Casserole with Zucchini and Crispy Sage
- Wash and finely slice the zucchini.
- Peel and chop garlic and onions. Wash the chili pepper, remove the seeds and cut into fine rings.
- Wash the fresh sage leaves, put about 12 of them aside for garnish and chop the rest into thin strips. Squeeze orange and lime to get the juice.
- Meanwhile, cook the Brown Rice Penne in a large pot with salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and sauté the zucchini, onions, garlic and chili pepper. Add white wine, orange juice and lime juice. Then add the chopped sage leaves. Return to a medium heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the pistachios in a non-sticking pan without oil.
- Heat the butter in a small pan and quickly fry the remaining sage leaves until crispy.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add it to the zucchini mix together with the sour cream. Finally add the pistachios and the Brown Rice Penne and stir everything together. Serve with crispy sage leaves on top.
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 600 g / 21.2 oz Zucchini
- 2 Onions
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 20 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 100 ml / 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Lime
- 400 g / 14 oz Brown Rice Penne
- Salt, Pepper
- 25 g / 0.9 oz Pistachios, unsalted
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 100 g / 3.5 oz Feta Cheese
- 100 g / 3.5 oz Sour Cream