Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Chicken Skewers with Spelt Pasta and Rhubarb Chutney
- Strain the tomatoes with hot water to remove the skin. With a teaspoon, remove the seeds and then chop the pulp. Wash and peel the rhubarb stalks and cut it into 1-2 cm pieces. Dice the shallots, de-seed the chili pepper and cut into small stripes.
- Place the rhubarb, chili pepper, tomato pulp and shallots as well as 4 tablespoons of water into a saucepan and bring it to the boil. Return to medium heat and simmer for about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and red wine vinegar and cook gently until thickened. Season with salt and cumin powder. Fill the chutney into a small bowl or jar and put it in the fridge.
- Wash the chicken breasts and cut it into bite size cubes. For the marinade, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and honey and coat the chicken breasts with the mixture. Set aside to marinate in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers. Heat 3 tablespoons of the remaining marinade in a frying pan; place the chicken skewers onto it and fry them until lightly brown and heated through, turning frequently. Season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and crush the garlic. Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and roast until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the Spelt Broad Pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and mix the pasta with the fried garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the spelt pasta with the rhubarb-chutney and the chicken-skewers.
HintPrepare the chutney one day in advance and you will get a better consistency print share
Ingredients [4 servings]
For the Chutney:
- 500 g/ 17.6 oz Rhubarb Stalks
- 2 Tomatoes
- 4 Shallots
- 1 Small Chili Pepper
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tsp Brown Sugar
- Cumin Powder
For the Chicken Skewers:
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 800 g / 28.2 oz Chicken Breasts
- 8 Wooden Skewers
For the Pasta:
- 400 g / 14 oz Broad Pasta
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper