Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Chicken, vegetable and Spaetzle bake
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente.
- Wash and chop the vegetables.
- Slice the chicken breast.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over a medium to high heat and add the chicken breast. Cook for a few minutes, just to allow the skin to take on a bit of color.
- Meanwhile mix single cream, milk, chopped tomatoes, tomatoes paste and eggs. Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Rub a large baking tray, ovenproof pan or earthenware dish with oil and spoon in all the Spaetzle, vegetables, chicken and most of the cheese. Pour the egg-milk mixture over the Spaetzle and top with the rest of cheese.
- Place it into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Ingredients [4 Servings]
- 14 oz Spaetzle
- seasonal vegetables (e.g. carrots, broccoli, pepper, leek, courgette)
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup single cream
- 2/5 cup milk
- 5 oz chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 eggs
- 5.5 oz grated cheese
- salt, pepper