Spaetzle and noodles can be prepared in so many ways. We invite you to peruse our collection of recipes, let yourself be inspired and discover new, proven, and sophisticated cooking suggestions. You’ll have the option of filtering by level of difficulty, or search by your favorite ingredients or pasta types and we’ll find suggestions that suit your tastes.
Try it out – we wish you lots of enjoyment and bon appetit!
Traditional Swabian Spaetzle with Lentils
- Soak the raw lentils in water for 5 to 10 hours.
- Chop up the onion, carrot and bacon and slightly fry in a pot with some oil.
- Add the stock, bay leaves and lentils. Cook until tender.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the Spaetzle in a large pot with boiling salted water until al dente.
- Heat up the sausages.
- Pour some lentil stew over the Spaetzle and serve with sausages
Ingredients [4 servings]
- 18 oz Spaetzle
- 14 oz green or brown lentils (raw or tinned)
- 2 pt of vegetable or meat stock
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 slices of lean smoked bacon
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 pairs of Frankfurter sausages